Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fathers Day at the Grand Rapids Home for Veterans; Guest editorial.


I enjoyed a wonderful visit with my husband today.  I also had a chance to visit with other veterans who weren't so fortunate to have family that cared enough to visit their loved ones.  That is another subject for another time.
It was late afternoon with a light breeze as my husband and I shared a light supper.  We were eating outside and everything was going very well until I could smell something atrocious.  I looked around and couldn't believe what I saw.  The pictures say it all. 
How could a home for veterans, a nursing home for many, expect veterans to enjoy fresh air with open bags of garbage around their area.  The flies were everywhere.  I can just imagine the raccoons once the sun sets.  This is very unhealthy for our veterans.  Don't you agree?













It is now, very clear to me why the administration of the home doesn't want anybody taking pictures.  

Contributed by one of the wives of one of the veterans. 









Ed's note. There are no grounds staff on duty on weekends, to clean up the pavilion area, in case there is a big cook out or party held out there.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are screened for privacy reasons, and those posted are posted "as they were written" minus any information that the writer sent to us that is for our use only or for which they requested be made private.