Thursday, May 2, 2013

Feds investingating Veterans home.

I've waited to post this one, but now feel it is time to pass the news on.


I was commenting on the website CITY DATA, and this fellow contacted me from one of my posts there.

I was asking the city data people, about low income housing for veterans on limited incomes, in the GR metro area.. This was in September of 2012.

Here is what the guy had to say:

Hello Mac, 

I read your post seeking information about moving out of GRHV. My name is Will Schell and I work for the Office for Civil Rights at the Department of Health and Human Services in Washington, D.C.

My office is investigating GRHV and I would like to speak to you about your experience at GRHV and the difficulties you have had in moving out of the Dom unit. GRHV should be helping you move out and I want to discuss what they have and have not done.

Please call or email me. I do not want to discuss any details online. I would rather speak to you on the phone.

Please call me at: 202-205-3790
or email me at: will.schell@hhs.gov

Thanks,
Will

 Well, I called and talked to Will. Seems the home is required to assist people moving out of the home. However, nothing was said about people of whom the home discharged involuntarily. (kicked out).

And due to the recent Audit of the home, I think we see that this is just one of many issues that need addressing.

Oh, you can find the original postings on City data  website, in the Grand Rapids Michigan Metro forum.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are screened for privacy reasons, and those posted are posted "as they were written" minus any information that the writer sent to us that is for our use only or for which they requested be made private.