Friday, November 9, 2012

Guardians embezzeling veterans banks accounts at Veterans Home?

What is this news I am hearing?

I had medical over at the VA clinic the other day, and afterwards I stopped in and talked with a few of the guys at the Vets home.  It was nice to see them again.

I was not surprised to hear that once again, Cynthia Thornberry and other guardians are violating the rights of these veterans.

100 percent service connected disabled veterans do not have to pay medical costs out of their own pockets, yet this appears to be what is happening. I was told by 2 veterans that Cyntha was using their private bank accounts to pay for services that are supposed to be covered by the VA. One fellow said his bank account which used to be in the Thousands of dollars, now has a balance of - $19.00.  This is not right.


Michigans guardian laws are long overdue for an overhaul and several attempts have been made.

IF you or a loved one has been abused by a guardian, or you think the guardian is stealing from you, or misappropriating  funds, or using funds the wrong way, you can write to the Attorney Generals office and ask them to investigate it for fraud, as that is what it is.

I am trying to find websites to help those who need help with abusive guardians. When I find them, I will post them here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are screened for privacy reasons, and those posted are posted "as they were written" minus any information that the writer sent to us that is for our use only or for which they requested be made private.