Sunday, October 27, 2019

We are still failing our veterans.

Since we have closed down the Face Book page, I have started going thru the archives here and the notes I have kept over the years.

Oh my gowd.. I started having nightmares about that place. The things I witnessed happening. The changes that are taking place. How things are changing yet still staying the same.

The issues the advocates fought, the veterans we fought for, did it even matter?

I read about JL's discharge and how he was targeted for removal when he finally broke and was so angry he became unstable (or so it seemed to administration). How he was kicked to the street that day. And how his rights to fair and due process were violate, as well as his personal belongings and his privacy rights were trampled by the administration.

How others were targeted for discharge. How lower people on the staff were targeted for prosecution yet not one administrator or supervisor was held to the same standard.  - go for the easy conviction, for the one who will cave in first. That seemed to be a Scheutte AG standard.

Stupid decisions still being made about the care of our veterans, I see as history repeating itself.

The criminal acts of administration that have gone unaccounted for. Yet residents were kicked to the street with nothing but what they could carry.

Some things have improved, others are the same ole same ole.

My conclusion: Michigan is still failing to properly care for its veterans. And I do not think the new homes are going to change that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are screened for privacy reasons, and those posted are posted "as they were written" minus any information that the writer sent to us that is for our use only or for which they requested be made private.