Tuesday, October 8, 2019

No more snacks during bingo for veterans at the GR Vets home.

I am really bothered by what I was told today at the Vets Home by residents.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I keep seeing things happening that happened under the SD administration, that I hoped and thought would never happen again. However there are still a few holdouts in that administration and I think they are at the focal point of most of these situations that keep reoccurring.

First, bad news. Governor Whitmer is cutting the homes Budget. Over 2 million has been cut. Didn't Snyder try that game and it turned out to be a disaster?

Second, apparently Food and Drinks (snacks) will no longer be allowed to be served at Bingos held in the main Dining room.



What?!!! No munchies? yep. And I am told by staff that the members voted on it. Yet when I talked to Members, not one of them can remember voting on it. This same thing happened before. Slowly things are being taken away from our veterans. Things that make living at that place, bearable. NOT GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are screened for privacy reasons, and those posted are posted "as they were written" minus any information that the writer sent to us that is for our use only or for which they requested be made private.